301 Grove St. Lynchburg, VA 24501
Phone: (434) 455-5858
400 Grove St. Lynchburg, VA 24501
UPDATE AS OF NOV. 3, 2020
The Aviary at Miller Park has been undergoing repairs and site upgrades this year in order to improve the appearance of the building and to address some drainage issues. Unfortunately, the contractors have uncovered further issues with the foundation that will have to be addressed delicately and by their nature will require slow, painstaking work to protect the building, as it is an unusual historic design that requires additional attention and care.
The repairs are necessary to ensure the building remains viable, and sound for many years to come. This work will necessitate the building to remain closed for the foreseeable future, at least into January 2021. For more information, please contact Susannah Smith, Construction Coordinator, at 434-455-5787.
Formerly part of the Miller Park Zoo, the Aviary was once home to exotic birds and animals. Today, this historic gem can be rented for many different occasions, including weddings, receptions, dinners, birthday parties and business or club meetings. Recent renovations to this beautiful 1903 building have created an airy, comfortable facility, able to accommodate groups of all sizes.
In addition to its convenient location in beautiful, historic Miller Park, rental of the Aviary includes use of the tables and chairs, utilities and limited off-street parking. The recommended event capacity for the Aviary is 100 people. The Aviary features air conditioning, heating, restrooms, and a small kitchenette/bar area. The Aviary is not handicapped accessible.
The Aviary can be rented from 9:00am–11:00pm with a minimum rental period of four hours. Please contact a Customer Service representative, 434-455-5858 to arrange a tour of the Aviary.
|Day||4-Hour Rate||8-Hour Rate||Additional Hours|
The Rental Process:
It’s easy to rent the Aviary! The first step is to carefully read our rental rules to make sure the Aviary is the right place for your event. Next, you should call our office at (434) 455-5858 to check the availability of the Aviary on your event date. Finally, download the Aviary Use Permit Application, complete the form and return it, with all applicable fees to our Administrative offices at 301 Grove St.
Please remember that the Aviary is available only on a first-come, first-served basis, and that you cannot be guaranteed a reservation until all fees are paid and your final permit is issued. There are also rules you must follow when renting the Aviary.
- Any pre-event preparations or post-event clean up shall be part of the rental period.
- The renter is responsible for returning all tables and chairs to their designated places.
- All decorations, equipment or supplies must be removed from the facility at the conclusion of the event.
- The use of nails, tape, tacks and staples is prohibited.
- Postings, decorations, banners or other material is not allowed outside of the Aviary.
- No cooking is allowed within the Aviary building; kitchen facilities can be used for food preparation and heating only.
- Bird seed is the only material that can be thrown outside of the Aviary.
- An ABC Banquet License is required if alcohol will be served. Phone the Alcohol Beverage Control Commission at (434) 582-5136 for more info.
- No alcohol is allowed outside of the building.
- Please discuss your parking needs with our representative.
- The renter is responsible for any damage or loss as a consequence of his/her event.
- Rentals must be processed seven days prior to the rental date.
- Aviary rental hours are from 9:00am–11:00pm.