- If your program is an outdoor program, impending or current rain may cause us to cancel the program. If you are worried your class or program might cancel, dial the cancellation number listed below.
- ALL fields must be playable. If one athletic field is deemed unplayable, then no games will be played on any field that day.
- If your class or program has additional sessions, the instructor of your class or program will discuss a class make-up class date at the next class if possible. If your class or program is a one-time class or program, your instructor may choose to cancel the class/program completely. If this is the case, you will be refunded the price of the class. If you have any further questions, please be in touch with your community recreation programmer. To find their contact information visit the Staff page.
- If Lynchburg City Schools are delayed all morning programs are canceled.
- If Lynchburg City Schools are canceled all morning classes are canceled. Afternoon and evening classes will be determined by noon.
- If it begins to snow late afternoon/early evening, all evening classes will be canceled and the Community Recreation Programmer will notify both the instructor and the students at least 1 hour in advance to confirm.
The instructor will discuss a class make-up class date at the next class if possible. Also, if there’s a big snow storm that is anticipated during you class date, arrangements may be made in advance to reschedule. If you have any further questions, please be in touch with your community recreation programmer. To find their contact information visit the Staff page.
The number for our cancellation line is (434) 455-5860. Find the extension for your program area in the list below. If you have any questions, contact us at (434) 455-5858.
|Program Area||Call (434) 455-5860|
|Miller Center/Art Studio||Dial #2|
|Neighborhood Centers||Dial #3|
|Naturalist/Nature Zone||Dial #4|
|Templeton Center||Dial #5|
|Community Market||Dial #7|