About Art in the Park
Lynchburg Parks and Recreation and 7 Hills Art Club are excited to safely bring people together through art and showcase the talents of local artists! Wander through Riverside Park to enjoy exhibitions of local artists, interactive children’s activities, and live demonstrations including painting and wheel thrown pottery.
To become an art vendor or demonstrate your artistic style in a live demonstration, simply complete the Art in the Park application at the bottom of this page. Artists apply by May 7.
Artists | Application fees will be open for payment beginning 12/1/21–5/7/22.
To pay your application fee online please select the registration button below. Pop up tents, display walls, and any additional display materials are allowed. Tables, chairs, and tablecloths not provided. Click here to pay the $50.00 application fee.
Demos are encouraged at your table. Please include demo information on your application. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Art in the Park is FREE to attend.
Saturday, May 14, 2022
Call to Artists
Lynchburg Parks & Recreation and the Seven Hills Art Club are accepting submissions from individual artists for Art in the Park at Riverside Park this May! Artists from the Lynchburg and surrounding areas are encouraged to apply.
Sale of Artwork
All art displayed may be for sale. Artists are welcome to bring additional prints and cards to sell. The artists are responsible for their own artwork and any sales made, managing and accepting payment for artwork sold, including sales tax if applicable. Lynchburg Parks & Recreation will not receive any commission on sales from Art in the Park.
Application to Display/Sell/Demonstrate at Art in the Park
If you would like to apply to hold a live art demonstration, or display and/or sell your work, please fill out the online application linked below.
Artists who are selling and/or displaying work can choose between:
- One (1) 8′ x 8′ space | 1 table, 1 chair, 1 black table cloth | $30.00 Application Fee
- One (1) 12′ x 8′ space | 2 tables, 2 chairs, 2 black table cloth | $50.00 Application Fee
If interested in demonstrating at your table, please indicate so on your application. Participants who demo at their table will receive an additional table to be used for demonstration purposes. Demonstration regulations are as follows:
- Demo space will be adjacent to participant’s assigned area
- No fire, sprays, products with heavy odors, nudity, or pouring will be allowed during demonstration
- Must be similar to the work that is being shown at Art in the Park
- May have viewer participation
- Power is limited, but available. Please indicate in the “additional set up” if power is needed for your demo
- Please bring a white plastic table cloth to cover your demo table (6′ length)
Artists will need to bring their own easels, and other items needed to display their work. The deadline to display is May 7, 2022.
Please note that the Seven Hills Art Club will be reviewing and selecting work that most clearly aligns with the event mission: to bring our community together by showcasing the talents of local artists through the cultural experience of art.
You must click SUBMIT when filling out your online application. The application and payment for registering are two separate items.
- Completed online application by May 7, 2022.
- Supporting visuals of your entered work (Included in online applications)
- Work sample description: title, year made, medium used, photo credit (Included in online and print applications)
- Professional Artist Bio
- Artist Headshot for promotion (optional)
- Paid application fee (in-person or online) for 8′ by 8′ space before May 7, 2022.
- Paid application fee (in-person or online) for 12′ by 8′ space before May 7, 2022.
Contact: Rachel Smith | Community Recreation Programmer, Miller Center | Phone: (434) 455-5874 | Email: email@example.com