UPDATE: The Jackson Heights Art Studio is closed through March 31.
720 Winston Ridge Rd Lynchburg, VA 24501
Phone: (434) 455-4001
Come visit The Art Studio at 720 Winston Ridge Road, located right off of Route 460. Originally built as an elementary school known as Jacksontown School, this quaint studio opened in January, 2013, serving citizens from the Lynchburg and Central Virginia areas. Parking for the Art Studio at Jackson Heights is located in the rear of the building.
The Art Studio is the home of both pottery and stained glass classes, and has been enjoyed by many citizens since its opening in 2013. In addition to wheel thrown and hand built pottery, the studio also offers stained glass grinders and light boxes to showcase the beautiful stained glass projects from the community. Classes are offered for registered participants and are ongoing throughout the year.
Currently, the Arts Studio is open for the following activities:
- Handbuilt & Wheel Thrown Pottery: Tuesdays 9am – 12pm, Tuesdays 6pm – 9pm, and Wednesdays 6pm – 9 pm
- Stained Glass: Thursdays 6pm – 9 pm
- Open Studio (Pottery & Stained Glass): Tuesdays 1pm – 4pm
- Specialty classes and workshops vary seasonally
The studio offers:
- Multiple Pottery Wheels
- 3 Kilns
- Multiple Stained Glass Grinders
- 5 Light Boxes for Stained Glass
- A variety of different colors of glass
- Lots of natural lighting