Photography // Painting // Sculpture // Pottery // Guest Artists // Live Art Demonstrations
About Art Expo Lynchburg
Art Expo Lynchburg is a free community event, open to all ages hosted by Lynchburg Parks & Recreation and the Seven Hills Art Club. For one day the Armory will transform into a fine art exhibition and sale, featuring art vendors, galleries, and demonstrations from local established and emerging artists. This event is intended to bring people together through art and showcase the talents of local artists.
Art Expo Lynchburg is FREE to attend.
Saturday, April 4, 2020 10:00am–3:00pm Galleries Open
Call to Artists
Lynchburg Parks & Recreation and the Seven Hills Art Club are accepting submissions from individual artists for the fourth annual Art Expo Lynchburg at Lynchburg Armory this April! Artists from the Lynchburg and surrounding areas are encouraged to apply.
Sale of Artwork
All art displayed may be for sale. Artists are welcome to bring additional prints and cards to sell. The artists are responsible for their own artwork and any sales made, managing and accepting payment for artwork sold, including sales tax if applicable. Lynchburg Parks & Recreation will not receive any commission on sales from Art Expo Lynchburg.
Application to Display/Sell/Demonstrate at Art Expo Lynchburg
If you would like to apply to hold a live art demonstration, or display and/or sell your work, please fill out the online application linked below.
Artists who are selling and/or displaying work can choose between:
- One (1) 6′ x 6′ space | 1 table, 1 chair, 1 black table cloth | $20.00 Application Fee | $30.00 after March 1
- One (1) 12′ x 6′ space | 2 tables, 2 chairs, 2 black table cloth | $40.00 Application Fee | $50.00 after March 1
If interested in demonstrating at your table, please indicate so on your application. Participants who demo at their table will receive an additional table to be used for demonstration purposes. Demonstration regulations are as follows:
- Demo space will be adjacent to participant’s assigned area
- No fire, sprays, products with heavy odors, nudity, or pouring will be allowed during demonstration
- Must be similar to the work that is being shown at Art Expo
- May have viewer participation
- Power is limited, but available. Please indicate in the “additional set up” if power is needed for your demo
- Please bring a white plastic table cloth to cover your demo table (6′ length)
Artists will need to bring their own easels, and other items needed to display their work. The deadline to display is March 20, 2020.
Please note that the Seven Hills Art Club will be reviewing and selecting work that most clearly aligns with the event mission: to bring our community together by showcasing the talents of local artists through the cultural experience of art.
You must click SUBMIT when filling out your online application. The application and payment for registering are two separate items.
- Completed online application by March 20, 2020.
- Supporting visuals of your entered work (Included in online applications)
- Work sample description: title, year made, medium used, photo credit (Included in online and print applications)
- Professional Artist Bio
- Artist Headshot for promotion (optional)
- Paid application fee (in-person or online) for 6′ by 6′ space before March 20, 2020. This fee increases by $10.00 after March 1, 2020.
- Paid application fee (in-person or online) for 12′ by 6′ space before March 20, 2020. This fee increases by $10.00 after March 1, 2020.
Contact: Rachel Smith | Community Recreation Programmer, Miller Center | Phone: (434) 455-5874 | Email: email@example.com