On the hunt for some great bargains? Look no further! Lynchburg Parks and Recreation is hosting a Spring Cleaning Rummage Sale at the Armory. Bring the whole family and go treasure hunting through a menagerie of local residents and vendors at this fantastic, indoor yard sale event! There will be bargains galore and fun activities for the kids.
This event is FREE and fun for all ages. Register in advance for a table.
FAQ For Shoppers
• Doors will open at 10:00am.
• Entry is free.
• Bring your own shopping bags.
• Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
• Please bring cash with you on the day of the event. Not all vendors will have credit card readers.
• All sales are final and Lynchburg Parks and Recreation is not responsible for any damage or defects of any items sold by vendors.
Event parking is located on street and in the downtown parking lots as available. Parking lots/ garages are free on weekends unless otherwise denoted.
Call for Vendors
Lynchburg Parks & Recreation is seeking vendors for a Spring Cleaning Rummage Sale at the Armory this May! People from Lynchburg and surrounding areas are encouraged to participate.
- Items sold should include lightly used or homemade items.
- Prohibited Items: No alcohol, food, live animals, undergarments, weapons, sexually explicit items, batteries, items with profanity, hazardous chemicals. Parks and Recreation reserves the right to refuse to allow any items deemed dangerous or inappropriate.
- All items for sale must fit into a 10×10 space and must be kept neatly placed to prevent trip hazards.
- All vendors must unload in the unloading zone designated in front of the building.
- All vendors MUST check in with the Parks and Recreation staff table for instructions, registration verification, and to be directed to their appropriate location no later than 9:00am. Volunteers will be on site to assist with carrying items.
- Vendors will have a limited amount of time to unload onto the sidewalk and volunteers/staff will assist in moving it to assigned table/booth.
- All vendors must have their tables set up PRIOR to the public entering.
- All vendors will be assigned a table. Each 6ft table comes with two chairs.
- The City does not provide electricity at any of our tables.
- Vendors are responsible for their own table decorations.
- Vendors are responsible for giving change for purchases. Parks and Recreation will not have change on site.
- Vendors are responsible all sales of items and cash on hand.
- Any lost, stolen, or damaged items are not the responsibility of Lynchburg Parks and Recreation, and the City assumes no liability for such occurrences.
- Vendors must remove all leftover items from the facility by 6:00pm.
- Vendors can register and apply online through our website, or in person at the center.
- Vendor confirmation emails will send emails out within a week after application is received and again closer to the event date.
- Participants can print and send/ deliver application or complete online.
- DO NOT MAIL MONEY!! Must pay online or in person at center
Vendors have an option to set up Friday, the night before, or Saturday morning, prior to the start of the event.
6:00pm-9:00pm Vendor Set-Up
6:30am Staff/ volunteers arrive on Site
7:00am-9:00am Vendor Set Up/ Check In
10:00am-4:00pm Doors open to public
To inquire, contact: Megan Heatwole | Community Recreation Supervisor, Miller Center | Phone: (434) 455-5891 | Email: email@example.com