Photography/ Painting/ Sculpture/ Pottery/ Guest Speakers/ Live Art Demonstrations
About Art Expo Lynchburg
Art Expo Lynchburg, hosted by Lynchburg Parks & Recreation and the Seven Hills Art Club, is a free community event scheduled for Saturday, April 1, 2017, from 12:00pm – 5:00pm at Miller Center. For one day only, Miller Center will transform into a fine art trade show, featuring art vendors, galleries, and live art demonstrations from local established and emerging artists. This event is intended to bring people together through art and showcase the talents of local artists. In addition, this event serves to feature the Parks & Recreation fine art instructors and artwork generated from their students.
Art Expo Lynchburg is FREE to attend.
Call to Artists
Lynchburg Parks & Recreation and the Seven Hills Art Club are accepting submissions from individual artists for the second- annual Art Expo Lynchburg at Miller Center this April! Artists from the Lynchburg and surrounding areas are encouraged to apply.
Sale of Artwork
All art displayed may be for sale. Artists are welcome to bring additional prints and cards to sell. The artists are responsible for their own artwork and any sales made, managing and accepting payment for artwork sold, including sales tax if applicable. Miller Center will not receive any commission on sales from Art Expo Lynchburg.
Application to Display/Sell/Demonstrate at Art Expo Lynchburg
If you would like to apply to hold a live art demonstration, or display and/or sell your work, please fill out the online or PDF application linked below.
Artists who are selling and/or displaying work can choose between:
- One (1) 6′ x 6′ space | 1 table, 1 chair, 1 black table cloth | $20.00 Application Fee before March 1, $30 after March 1
- One (1) 12′ x 6′ space | 2 tables, 2 chairs, 2 black table cloth | $40.00 Application Fee before March 1, $50 after March 1
Application fees may be paid in-person at Miller Center or online by visiting the links above. A limited amount of spaces will be available. Artists will need to bring their own easels, and other items needed to display their work. The deadline to display is March 15, 2017.
Please note that the Seven Hills Art Club will be reviewing and selecting work that most clearly aligns with the event mission: to bring our community together by showcasing the talents of local artists through the cultural experience of art.
- Completed online or print application by March 15, 2017.
- Supporting visuals of your entered work (Included in online and print applications)
- Work sample description: title, year made, medium used, photo credit (Included in online and print applications)
- Professional Artist Bio
- Artist Headshot for promotion (optional)
- Paid application fee (in-person or online) for 6′ by 6′ space before March 1, 2017. This fee increases by $10 after March 1, 2017.
- Paid application fee (in-person or online) for 12′ by 6′ space before March 1, 2017. This fee increases by $10 after March 1, 2017.
Applications that have been downloaded and filled out by hand MUST be shared electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Your Name ART EXPO Submission”, or submitted in-person at Miller Center. Mailed applications will not be accepted. If you have filled out the online form, disregard.
Contact: Megan Heatwole | Community Recreation Programmer, Miller Center | Phone: (434) 455-5891 | Email: email@example.com